This is the first mega congress of International Society of Ethnopharmacology [ISE] being organized in India. The main focus of the congress is to revitalize the traditional medicine and to address some of the crucial and contemporary issues on natural products, necessary for their promotion and development. The thrust of the event is on globalization of traditional medicine and to focus on the future of ancient system of medicine. This will highlight on globalizing the local technologies and localizing the global techniques in every aspects of natural products. ISE is a collaborative, interdisciplinary group of scientists, anthropologists, pharmacists, pharmacologists, ethnobotanists, phytochemists, and others – all fascinated by the study on the global use of medicines particularly their practice in different cultural settings in daily health care, nutrition, veterinary etc. The development of natural products requires the confluence of the modern techniques and harmonization related to their research and development in various fields of science. This conference will provide an ideal platform to the participants for interaction, debate and dissemination of ideas between the professionals from different areas of natural product research including globalization of traditional medicine and related aspects.
Major topics to be covered in the conference:
• Ethnopharmacological perspectives from traditional to modern pharmaceuticals.
• Traditional medicine inspired drug discovery and development.
• Traditional medicines and the World Wide Web: Globalizing local knowledge or localizing global technologies.
• Global trade and commercialization of Ayurveda and other ancient systems of medicine.
• Evaluation of traditional medicine -evidence based health care claim.
• Promotion and development of natural products with international cooperation.
• Ethno veterinary medicines.
• System biology and synergy in natural products.
• Traditional medicines and biomedicine -common or conflicting interests?
• Ethnopharmacology and bio-cultural diversity.
• The interface between history and ethnopharmacology of traditional medicines.
• Phytochemical, pharmacological and clinical studies of natural products.
• Polypharmacology of herbal medicine.
• Natural products from Marine sources.
• Future of ancient system of medicines -multidisciplinary approaches in health sciences.
• Workshop on “Publishing your works in impact journals”.
All participants will be required to wear their badge at all times during the conference. Those without badges will not be allowed to attend the sessions or social events. Separate badges will be provided for all registered accompanying persons and will be required for admission to the Opening Reception, Coffee Breaks and Lunches.
The official Language of the conference is ENGLISH
Visas are required for all international delegates. You are requested to visit the nearest Indian Embassy or High Commission or their website for further details.